www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE ECC: "remaining redudancy" indicator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glyph

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: ICE ECC: "remaining redudancy" indicator Reply with quote

Just a tiny request, i'm sure it will be easy to implement:

How about after running the "verify only" test or the "fast test" it displays the number of data blocks, the number of recovery blocks, the number of bad data blocks and the number of bad recovery blocks. And in addition it displays the precentage of available redundancy (recovery blocks / data blocks *100) the percentage of data damage (bad data blocks /data blocks*100) the percentage of recovery block damage (bad recovery blocks/recovery blocks*100) and the percentage of remaining redundancy ((recovery blocks - bad recovery blocks - bad data blocks)/data blocks*100).

To me this would be very useful in judging the decay rate of the media i use and when it is time to recover and migrate to new media.

Thanks a lot!
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC: "remaining redudancy" indicator Reply with quote

Glyph wrote:
Just a tiny request, i'm sure it will be easy to implement:

How about after running the "verify only" test or the "fast test" it displays ...

OK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: