www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

built-in dictionary/voice reader request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newton

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: built-in dictionary/voice reader request Reply with quote

Idea Please consider a dictionary feature, whereby users can right click on a word and get a quick defintion.
Sometimes there are several books that have the same author or several books that are of the same category, please allow users to enter this information only once for multiple books.
Consider adding a voice synthesizer so that people that are blind can listen to the book being read. A similar feature is included in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
ICE is a great ebook reader rich with features! I plan on installing ICE reader on my laptop and connecting my laptop to the s-video port on my tv. Then I can read e-books from my recliner.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: built-in dictionary/voice reader request Reply with quote

Newton wrote:
Idea Please consider a dictionary feature, whereby users can right click on a word and get a quick defintion.

Dictionary feature mean using some kind of dictionaries. Most of them are not free. There is not common standart on dictionaries. Of course, is possible to add this feature. But i do not see reason why it's need.

Besides, most of external dictionaries allow to translate any word from external program. Need to select text in any external program, like ICE Reader. After what press keybord shortcut, witch activate dictionary.

Newton wrote:
Sometimes there are several books that have the same author or several books that are of the same category, please allow users to enter this information only once for multiple books.

ICE Reader suggest another solution. ICE Reader do not block adding what books. Because what blocking some time can fail. Dublicate checking is not trivial task. But ICE Reader library allow to find what duplicates very fast. There are special tree nodes: "Duplicates" and "Duplicated titles".

Newton wrote:
Consider adding a voice synthesizer so that people that are blind can listen to the book being read. A similar feature is included in Adobe Acrobat Reader.

It's planning to add in future versions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: