www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE ECC: Par2 support

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hubereevez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: ICE ECC: Par2 support Reply with quote

I think a lot of people ask this.

I'm tired to find automation for par2, scan, repair, extract (dldone, rarslave) : ugly, buggy....

Ice Ecc does not scan directories and sub-directories either..... Crying or Very sad

Is it not done because :

1) violation of the GPL licence ? (but quickpar use par2 and do not publish the source)

2) to complicate ?

Thanks

hubert
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC: Par2 support Reply with quote

hubereevez wrote:
I think a lot of people ask this.

I'm tired to find automation for par2, scan, repair, extract (dldone, rarslave) : ugly, buggy....

Nobody forces you to use PAR2.

hubereevez wrote:
Ice Ecc does not scan directories and sub-directories either..... Crying or Very sad

What do you mean?

hubereevez wrote:
Is it not done because :

1) violation of the GPL licence ? (but quickpar use par2 and do not publish the source)

2) to complicate ?

1. PAR2 GPL license is serious argument against using PAR2 sources. If somebody ignore some laws, it's his personal problem.

2. More simple to make new format than to modify existing format. Especially if modifications too big. Like difference between .ECC and .PAR2 formats. Theoretically is impossible to make ICE ECC features using .PAR2 format.
hubereevez

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Nobody forces you to use PAR2.

I'm forced by others who massively use par2.

It seems that Ecc does not search Ecc files in directories or sub-directories like dldone do.

1. Is he really violating the par2 Gpl licence when building an exe using a GPL code but not with the exe source ?

2. ok. But it's not only me who is tired about quickpar. Some others do, The board just been hacked lol
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hubereevez wrote:
It seems that Ecc does not search Ecc files in directories or sub-directories like dldone do.

It's not difficult to add search. I afraid what auto-search can cause potential problems. Why need auto-search? For automatical file verify and repair? But for verify and repair need specify directory with data files. Moreover, file verify/rapair for partially download files are useless.

hubereevez wrote:
1. Is he really violating the par2 Gpl licence when building an exe using a GPL code but not with the exe source ?

Yes, if he has not personal permisson allowing to do it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: