www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE Book Reader: Reopening an ebook (from windows) bug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joan.vaccaro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:05 am    Post subject: ICE Book Reader: Reopening an ebook (from windows) bug Reply with quote

Dear ICE Graphics,

Thanks for creating an ebook reader with full annotation editing!

I have associated Ice Book Reader with file type .epub in windows. When I open a new ebook by double-clicking the filename in windows file explorer, Ice Book Reader makes a library entry for the ebook and opens it correctly in the viewer. However, if I try to do this again at some later time for the same ebook, Ice Book Reader gives a message: "WARNING: The file already exists in the library" and does not open it. I can reopen the ebook from the library, but not directly from windows file explorer.

I think this error message should only occur when the user is using the Library/File/Import... menu option and the ebook is already in the library.

When ICE Book Reader is opening a file from a file explorer request (or via the command line) a better response, I think, is to open the file from the library if it is already there, rather than create an error event. I would really appreciate it if you could modify the program to respond like this.

Thanks.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Re: ICE Book Reader: Reopening an ebook (from windows) bug Reply with quote

joan.vaccaro wrote:
I have associated Ice Book Reader with file type .epub in windows. When I open a new ebook by double-clicking the filename in windows file explorer, Ice Book Reader makes a library entry for the ebook and opens it correctly in the viewer.

When you double-click the filename, ICE Reader makes a not entry. ICE Reader make full copy of source file to own library and convert it. So, if you need to open this is file again not need to double click to file. Just open ICE Reader library and open file.

joan.vaccaro wrote:
However, if I try to do this again at some later time for the same ebook, Ice Book Reader gives a message: "WARNING: The file already exists in the library" and does not open it. I can reopen the ebook from the library, but not directly from windows file explorer.

If to remove this is warning, ICE Reader will make multiple copy the same books.

joan.vaccaro wrote:
I would really appreciate it if you could modify the program to respond like this.

Agree, need to fix it.
joan.vaccaro

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject: ICE Book Reader: Reopening an ebook (from windows) bug Reply with quote

Thanks very much!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Bugs and Problems All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: