www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Format CDRW

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilfried

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Format CDRW Reply with quote

I want to format my CDRW-disk for data. How can I do so.

To many programs start up when I start up my computer. So I cannot defrag my hard disk. What can I do.

Thanks
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Format CDRW Reply with quote

wilfried wrote:
I want to format my CDRW-disk for data. How can I do so.

If you want to use CDRW disk like floppy, you need additional program. There are a lot of them. I prefer Nero InCD.

wilfried wrote:
To many programs start up when I start up my computer. So I cannot defrag my hard disk. What can I do.

Use extrernal defrag utilite, like Diskeeper, PerfectDisk or O&O Defrag.

OR

Clean your list of start-up programs. Autoruns from http://www.sysinternals.com can help you.
trallyus

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also defrag in safe mode as well. To get your computer in safe mode, just tap the F8 key while booting up and choose safe mode from the menu. Just to be safe you may want to turn off your network connection if you do this especially if you have an always on connection as safe mode only loads what is needed to start up your computer and nothing else.

This means it does not load your antivirus or firewall or any other programs set to run at start up. Also it usally does not load your video drivers as well so that is why things look different when in safe mode compared to normal mode.

After booting in safe mode and making sure your network connection is off, defrag your computer like you would normally do and when done just restart your computer to get back to normal as well as turn your network connection back on.

One more thing to check when defragging in safe mode is to make sure any and all screensavers are disabled as they will interefere with microsfts defrag program in most instances.

Personally I use PerfectDisk and prefer it over DiskKeeper, and never tryed the other program mentioned.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: