www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Working with collections in Ice-Book Reader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djinn2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Working with collections in Ice-Book Reader Reply with quote

I like the new collections support and am already making full use of it.

When exporting books using Copy the Books could you add the option of creating a new directory when specifying the destination?

Also, is it possible to open a collection as a main library from the existing library without closing down the application and launching from a different shortcut. This would be useful if you wanted to have a collection available but wanted to open the books in it without automatically copying the files to the current main library. By this I mean changing the main library from within the application without a restart.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Working with collections in Ice-Book Reader Reply with quote

djinn2 wrote:
I like the new collections support and am already making full use of it.

When exporting books using Copy the Books could you add the option of creating a new directory when specifying the destination?

Standart Windows dialog, using for selecting directory do not support creating directories. Of course, is possible to make custom dialog. Need to think.

djinn2 wrote:
Also, is it possible to open a collection as a main library from the existing library without closing down the application and launching from a different shortcut. This would be useful if you wanted to have a collection available but wanted to open the books in it without automatically copying the files to the current main library. By this I mean changing the main library from within the application without a restart.

There is not techical problem with making it. There as another problem. Somebody can try to connect to main library over LAN. So, multiple users can connect to the same library as the main library. This is can create serious problems.
djinn2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response, hope you can add that custom file export dialog one day.

As for the other point I guess I wasn't considering the issue from a multi-user perspective. I'm just lazy Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: