www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE Reader Pro - first command line argument

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
karu116

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:17 am    Post subject: ICE Reader Pro - first command line argument Reply with quote

I'm using Calibre e-books library application (calibre-ebook.com), a very good one.

I would prefer to save all my e-books in Calibre library and then to read them with your perfect program. In order to read any book I have to export it from Calibre to some temporary location.

It might be very nice to start ICE reader from within Calibre. Trying to do this I found that it works, but ICE reader obens a last readed book, because book file name is not being passed from Calibre to ICE Reader,
as mentioned from Calibre support answer to my request (I asked them because I supposed that they do not handle command line arguments):

---Calibre answer---
When calibre calls the external program it passes the full path to the book file as the first command line argument to that program. Your problem is being caused by the ICE reader not handling command line arguments. To confirm, add a pdf file to calibre and try to view it, it will open correctly in adobe acrobat reader (or whatever program you have for reading pdf).
---Calibre answer---

Can you add such option to your command line parser? Sure, in this case ICE Reader will need to load this book and only then enter a read mode. More of this, while exit ICE Reader in this mode, it mignt remove this book from it's library automatically.

I'm sorry if I did not explain myself well enough - English s not my language Smile

Valery Shampal

P.S. You might consider integration of Calibre - GNU Application, with your product to maki it even more attractive
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: ICE Reader Pro - first command line argument Reply with quote

It's planning to add command line support to ICE Reader in future versions. This was not done earlier because the only in v9.0 appeared automatically import files. Including recognition for encoding files without specifying in what encoding they are created.
karu116

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE Reader Pro - first command line argument Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
It's planning to add command line support to ICE Reader in future versions. This was not done earlier because the only in v9.0 appeared automatically import files. Including recognition for encoding files without specifying in what encoding they are created.

Thank you very much indeed. Now I'll be waiting for this new feature.
Regards,
Valery
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: