www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More control over speech speed........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tymm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: More control over speech speed........ Reply with quote

I have some nice voices that go well with icebook reader pro. Be nice to have a bit more control over the speed at which the voice reads, like a keyboard short cut maybe. I find the setting at defult a bit slow, and the next notch up a bit to fast.

Yes, I know it sounds like I am being picky. Just LOVE this program. Let ice book read it to me, put on some wireless headphones and putter around the house.

Now that USB is in most car sterio's. Export that bad boy to mp3 and I have all the audio books I need!! Thanks for atlest reading and MAYBE giving it some thought. Have a nice day!!!
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Re: More control over speech speed........ Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
I have some nice voices that go well with icebook reader pro. Be nice to have a bit more control over the speed at which the voice reads, like a keyboard short cut maybe. I find the setting at defult a bit slow, and the next notch up a bit to fast.

ICE Reader use speech API for voice control. It's mean, what ICE Reader can only send signal to speech engine, how to change voice. All other voice settings apply inside speech engine.

About speed control over keyboard short. You can change it now!
1. Select speed at voice control.
2. Press "+" near "Profiles"
3. Check in Speech section "Volume, Speech, Pitch" and fill "Profile name", for example "Sound 1"
4. Open page "Setup", press "ShortCuts"
5. Find your profile "Sound 1". Assing to it profile any keyboard shortcut.
6. Again select voice control and change speed again.
7. Repeat steps from 2 to 5, only create profile "Sound 2" and assign another keyboard shortcut.

Now you have two shortcuts changing speed of voice engine.
tymm

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:41 pm    Post subject: awsome Reply with quote

Had no idea I could do that. Now for the 64 dollar question. I LOVE to read and ice book really makes it so much easier.

Can I put a copy of Ice Book Reader on a tablet pc of some type with out getting in trouble ??? Or do I have to buy another license. Not sure it is even possible, But can you imagine??? Ice book reader on a hand held device, with a killer tts voice (the voice I own) !!! That set up would blow nook and kindle out of the water.
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: awsome Reply with quote

tymm wrote:
Can I put a copy of Ice Book Reader on a tablet pc of some type with out getting in trouble ???

If you tablet PC is x86 compatible, there is not trouble.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: