www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index www.ice-graphics.com
The main forum for the ICE-Graphics software

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ICE ECC change file names

Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khepper

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:28 pm    Post subject: ICE ECC change file names Reply with quote

I think is can be easy to make. After create the files i go to burn in dvd and some file names need to be trunkate. If i burn this files into dvd ice ecc don't recognice the files and can check the files because can't found this files.
If i need to make this files i need wait an hour but if it is possible change the names probable make it at the moment.
Thanks for all
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC change file names Reply with quote

khepper wrote:
I think is can be easy to make. After create the files i go to burn in dvd and some file names need to be trunkate. If i burn this files into dvd ice ecc don't recognice the files and can check the files because can't found this files.

I see, it's a problem. What solution are you suggest?

khepper wrote:
If i need to make this files i need wait an hour but if it is possible change the names probable make it at the moment.

I can suggest next solution:
1. Start your CD-R mastering software (like Nero) and add all files, like you want to burn. But do not burn. Just add files.
2. Your software will inform you about wrong filenames. Truncate long filenames.
3. Start ICE ECC and make recovery info
4. Start CD-R software and burn CD/DVD.
khepper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC change file names Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
khepper wrote:

I see, it's a problem. What solution are you suggest?

khepper wrote:

I can suggest next solution:
1. Start your CD-R mastering software (like Nero) and add all files, like you want to burn. But do not burn. Just add files.
2. Your software will inform you about wrong filenames. Truncate long filenames.
3. Start ICE ECC and make recovery info
4. Start CD-R software and burn CD/DVD.

Sorry, i don't connect this forums for a long time.
Well, i don't know how quick par works, but i use usenet some times with newsleecher. Quick par is widely used. When a file is expired i access to a tmp folder and i select this, there are some fragments and quick par recovery this parts of file.
I don't request this feature because in my binaries usenet groups rarely use ice ecc, but if i test with quick par a file with another name is as well checked.
Some solution could be try with file that have exatly the same size, in this case my problem is completly solved.

Actualy i used your workarround, i lost only a minute with this, but i think this feature could be interesting.
Thanks for all
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC change file names Reply with quote

khepper wrote:
Quick par is widely used. When a file is expired i access to a tmp folder and i select this, there are some fragments and quick par recovery this parts of file.

Limitations of PAR2 files help to solve this is problem to it. PAR2 for every file use separated block or blocks. PAR2 can not join multiple small files to the single block. But ICE ECC can do it. To do search among files it is necessary to know CRC of each file. ICE ECC do not store it. ICE ECC store CRC only for every block. Storing CRC for every file require separate CRC calculations, witch will make creating process more slowly.
khepper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC change file names Reply with quote

ICE Graphics wrote:
khepper wrote:
Quick par is widely used. When a file is expired i access to a tmp folder and i select this, there are some fragments and quick par recovery this parts of file.

Limitations of PAR2 files help to solve this is problem to it. PAR2 for every file use separated block or blocks. PAR2 can not join multiple small files to the single block. But ICE ECC can do it. To do search among files it is necessary to know CRC of each file. ICE ECC do not store it. ICE ECC store CRC only for every block. Storing CRC for every file require separate CRC calculations, witch will make creating process more slowly.

Sorry, i don't understand completly your explanation. You say that par2 can't join multiples small files, but i join it. I don't know how it is posible in icc.
I think it could be good include crc's or be an option although this make very hard calculations, if it is posible or easy to implement of course.
Other problem is when you are ussing some folders, some time (not always, few times) don't could identify the files. If i try whith original files create is perfect, but when i toast a dvd don't found some or all of files. If you could add some files in diferent location may be great.
Thanks for all
ICE Graphics
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: ICE ECC change file names Reply with quote

khepper wrote:
Sorry, i don't understand completly your explanation. You say that par2 can't join multiples small files, but i join it. I don't know how it is posible in icc.

It's simple. Example: you have 10000 files with size 400KB. Total size 4GB. You want to make .par2 and .ecc files. PAR2 can not use less than 10000 blocks for this is set of files. It's problem for PAR2, because soo large blocks counts mean VERY long computation time. ICE ECC allow to use any blocks counts. It's allow to solve task in reasonable time. How ICE ECC do it. If you decide to use 256 blocks. ICE ECC will place in every block 39-40 files. ICE ECC calculate CRC only for whole block, like PAR2. But PAR2 can be sure, what every block can have only file.

khepper wrote:
I think it could be good include crc's or be an option although this make very hard calculations, if it is posible or easy to implement of course.

It's possible to add. It's not hard but it's require to add a lot of code.

khepper wrote:
Other problem is when you are ussing some folders, some time (not always, few times) don't could identify the files. If i try whith original files create is perfect, but when i toast a dvd don't found some or all of files. If you could add some files in diferent location may be great.

Some CD-R software can shrink filenames of do something else.
khepper

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's only a suggestion. I understand better now why is good for a large number of little files.

But the problem for the files renamed is a little splinter that some (not many) make bad dvd backup.

Thanks for all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    www.ice-graphics.com Forum Index -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: